My world has lost its colour.
All i see is black and white,
and shades of grey.
I don't want the world to see me like this.
I need my haven of peace.
To friends who care:
Thank you for walking with me all this way.
To those unknown:
Please give me my haven of peace.
~^* About The Gal *^~
~^* Blog *^~
~^* Memories *^~
~^* Links *^~
~^* Tagboard *^~
~^* About Me *^~
A girl by the name of iCeZ.
Born on 17th March 1983.
Enjoys Music: Listening, Playing & Singing inclusive.
Also crazy about basketball with the Slingers but moving further and further from it.
Pain Addiction = Wakeboarding.
I'm CoLd... So DoNt ToUcH Me...
Thursday, February 12, 2009 "I Do"...
To continue from where I left off at 4am.. Managed to sleep at ard 5am to wake up at 10am to go for service. During the sermon, we were told a story of a couple whom would arrange to have their photos taken in their wedding gowns every anniversary. And during each session, they would also renew their vows to one another.
"Under the covenant of God, I promise to take you as my dearly beloved wife/husband, to have and to hold, from this day onwards, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."
And it was the power of this promise which saw them through times when they were both poor in debt but supporting one another through, when they were rich and bickering away, and through to old age. It was the power of Love.
But looking at modern day, this vow has seemingly lost its meaning with countless people parting ways when to going gets rough through differences and problems. I used to think that if two people really loved another, then love would conqureth all. To support one another through in times of trials, never to have to face anything alone. Perhaps I'm believing in an illusion and has thus been disillusion by circumstances. But I still wish to believe.. Cor 13:13.. The greatest is Love...
Anyway, had to attend the Istana Garden Reception later on so walked around a little after service before heading over to the CC to join the rest of the group there. Felt kinda out of place and awkward since I hardly knew anyone. It was even more "interesting" when the first familiar face amongst the midst was Dr. Lee's bodyguard. Went up to Dr. Lee and Prof Yaccob to greet them. LOL~ But am thankful to soon luckily meet Romin, Angela and Devi, and the rest of the familiar faces back from Kallang. Honestly feel more at home with them and would not have left the team if not because of what happened. But what's past is past. Now, I will need to move on and find better grounds to build up my portfolio as mentioned previously.
Met the gang (Andre, stacia, Steph and Jett) for dinner after their wakeboarding session before heading home dead tired. Have been catching barely 2 to if I'm lucky 5 hours of sleep each day and then clocking in 10 to 12 hours at work each day. Don't see the situation improving... But is it the tonnes of work, my inefficients, or my escape...
It's 2am and I'm suppose to wake up by 7am for workshop at 8.30am... Shan't stare at work anymore and head off to bead. And as I end this day, I say my little prayer... for myself, for you, for us... Take care, rest well.