My world has lost its colour.
All i see is black and white,
and shades of grey.
I don't want the world to see me like this.
I need my haven of peace.
To friends who care:
Thank you for walking with me all this way.
To those unknown:
Please give me my haven of peace.
~^* About The Gal *^~
~^* Blog *^~
~^* Memories *^~
~^* Links *^~
~^* Tagboard *^~
~^* About Me *^~
A girl by the name of iCeZ.
Born on 17th March 1983.
Enjoys Music: Listening, Playing & Singing inclusive.
Also crazy about basketball with the Slingers but moving further and further from it.
Pain Addiction = Wakeboarding.
I'm CoLd... So DoNt ToUcH Me...
Saturday, February 07, 2009 Chingay City Alive 2009
After a few hectic weeks, today was a day for me to give myself a break. My body has been yelling to me that it needs it. So shall pen this down while I have the time.
As mentioned earlier, I had volunteered myself for City Alive 2009. Would usually put myself down for Chingay but Romin forgot to include me. Also thought that it would be good, keeping me up and occupied in a meaningful manner on a weekend night instead of being where I shouldn't and prevented me from thinking about things. I guess it was also part of God's plans since it proved to be a enjoyable and fruitful experience.
Had initial doubts at first being alone where most of them were from NYP ('Cos of Lina) and already in their cliches or from the other youth committees and had their fellow teammates around. Felt a little more at ease seeing familiar faces, Janice, Mark and most importantly, Chris 'Da Ge'. He can be said to be the one in the team I was closest to during the Kagoshima exchange back in 2005. I haven't caught up with any of them since 2006 but fond memories of those days are still close to heart. Meeting up almost every night to go through logistics, practicing our dance routines and then the trip, where we were tired but enjoyed ourselves throughly, dancing on the streets, drinking shyochu and singing KTV, and lots more. And most importantly for me, the warmth I felt through my foster family.
I decided to join Chris's team for that night and thus officially became a 'door biatch' for City Alive 2009. Our duty was to check the party-goers for their tickets and I/C, and tag them before handing them over to the FOCAL and AETOS team for security bag and body checks. I must say, Team A, we rocked! We were already bonding and having fun before our duties started. Waiting for the Chingay Parade to end before setting up our post. We were crashing together for photographs and acting like idiots sitting and lying on the roads. It was only until we set up our post and saw the approaching 'mob' that we knew we had to switch mode to being serious at work.
Reward 1: Getting to know new friends, fellow 'door biatches', YingHui, Jessica and Angeline. Thanks gals, for extending the friendship and company. Really enjoyed the night. Hope to catch up with ya gals again soon at some other event.
Reward 2: Getting to know Iswandi from Mountbatten. It gave me new options on another group to work with and possibly join for the new term. It would be crucial to find a good team to build my portfolio with should I be looking at SSEAYP in the near future.
Reward 3: Meeting the teammates from Kagoshima. Seeing Chris, Lina, Eric, Daphne and Janice... It gave me a wakeup call. 4 years ago, we had been together as part of a team, standing quite much as equals. 4 years later, they have risen to be in the Central Youth Council.. where as for me, I have drifted down the ranks, having had to go through isolation due to issues where I wasn't at fault, a police report for harressment, and thus a change in a committee which I never really got to know. I look at them and then myself, realising how far I have gone away from the dreams and goals I used to have. Really felt like a nobody. Which is why I'm thankful for having met those people above who helped to brighten things up when I felt down that night. And most importantly, thanks Chris for giving me a goal to work towards again this year, to apply and hopefully go together back to kagoshima for the exchange trip this year. I will thus have to be busy again, to rebuild my portfolio, but I know it will all be worth the effort. But still unsure now as to whether I will be granted leave from work or not, but will take no-pay-leave if I have to. 'Cos this does mean alot to me.. giving me something to hold onto and look forward to.
Thanks too to Chris (the other one, aka deepblue) for coming down to support. Sorry that the party wasn't really your cup of tea. Catch ya again to chill out sometime.
Once again, I thank the wonderful teammies, friends for brightening up my life and a successful City Alive 2009. Hope to catch everyone again for other events and remember City Alive 2010!
Thanks be to God for giving me all these and guiding me through me darkest moments. Lord of my Today and my Forever...